Licensed in both Maine and New Hampshire, Jack P. Crisp, Jr. is a seasoned and well-rounded attorney with nearly four decades of legal experience. With a particular focus in the areas of commercial law & litigation, complex transactions, estate planning & probate administration, and family law, Jack offers each client a comprehensive approach to his or her legal issue. In fact, in his over 38 years of practice, Jack has represented a multitude of different clients, including without limitation, municipalities, businesses of all types and sizes, financial institutions, developers, licensed professionals, individuals, and families. Due to his extensive background, Jack firmly believes his litigation experience in commercial, probate and family matters provides important insights when forming new companies, handling the acquisition, sale or financing of business enterprises or planning estates and advising families who are in conflict.
Most notably, Jack successfully handled the first prenuptial agreement case to go to the New Hampshire Supreme Court. Jack is also a past president of the NH Bar Association and the New England Bar Association. In 2015, the NH Bar Association and UNH School of Law awarded him the prestigious Bruce E. Friedman Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year award due to his legal service and commitment to the public.
When not in the office, Jack enjoys spending time with his four daughters and grandchildren. He is also heavily involved in New Hampshire politics, and regularly volunteers his time at local and state-level political events.
Areas of Practice
• Commercial Law & Litigation
• Complex Transactions
• Estate Planning & Probate Administration
• Family Law
• New Hampshire, 1978
• Maine, 1978
• U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1978
• U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 1978.
University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire
• J.D. - May, 1978
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
• B.A., Bachelor of Arts - May, 1972
• Honors: Dean's List
• Major: Philosophy and Political Theory
Representative Former and Current Clients
• A.R. Couture Construction Corp.
• Turbo Mechanical Services, Inc.
• North American Dismantling Corp.
• Caring Family Dentistry, PLLC
• City of Berlin, N.H.
• The Berlin City Dealership Group
• Toyota Volvo of Keene
• United Brotherhood Credit Union
• The Berlin City Bank
• Home Cooperative Bank
• Ciborowski & Associates
• St Luke Medical Center, P.A.
• Town of Gorham, N.H.
• Accion Group, LLC
• Groveton Acquisition, LLC
• Errol General Store, Inc.
• White Mountain Energy, LLC
• Autohaus Holdings, LLC
• Eastern American Properties, LLC
Honors and Awards
• Bruce E. Friedman Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
• NH Bar Association, Past President
• New Hampshire Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair 2013 – Present
• New Hampshire Judicial Conduct Committee, 2006 – Present
• New England Bar Association, Past President – 2000 - 2001
• American Bar Association, Member, 1978 – Present
Past Employment Positions
• Rockingham County Attorney, Assistant County Attorney, 1979 – 1980
• Crisp & Richmond, PLLC – 1980 - 2006
• Crisp, Barrett & Uchida 2006 - 2008
• Wiggin & Nourie, P.A., Partner, 2008 – 2010
Pro Bono Activities
• NH Bar Association Pro Bono Program, 1978
• Town of Bow, N.H. Board of Selectmen – 2006 – 2016
• Child and Family Services, Concord Board Member
• NH Kids Count, Board Member
• Bow School Foundation, Board Member
• New Hampshire Bar Foundation, Fellow